Friday, October 10, 2008

Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeling Beta Released

Just saw that the much anticipated Oracle Data Modeling tool is available for download here:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/sql_developer/files/Modeling.html

Once you fill out a quick survey, you can download a complete build with JDK, or just the build for your specific OS.

I have the Mac OS version up and running, and will be putting it to work today on a number of different projects. I'm glad to see that an enterprise-level data modeling tool has finally come to Mac OS X. One more item on the list can be checked off!

4 comments:

nick said...

New one Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeling Beta Released.

Byte64 said...

Great news,
i was eager to try out that tool after attending Rice's session at OOW 2008!

Cheers,
Flavio

Mark said...

Hi Scott,

how did you get this going on the Mac? I get prompted for the jdk location which then appends the $JDK_HOME/bin directory to the path..this does not exist on my Mac.

Cheers,
Mark

Scott said...

Mark,

I can't remember what I did specifically, but it was either in the install docs or I downloaded the JDK as well.

Thanks,

- Scott -