Sunday, November 13, 2005

Migrating MS Access to HTML DB Article

My article "Migrating to Oracle HTML DB" was just published in the Nov/Dec issue of Oracle Magazine. It talks about the high-level steps required to migrate from MS Access to Oracle HTML DB.

To summarize: Oracle HTML DB is one of the best platforms to use when considering migrating MS Access applications to the web. However, there is no "silver bullet" approach – each MS Access application should be examined and then migrated (or not) to HTML DB accordingly.

6 comments:

Mike Barrs said...

Scott,
I read your article this weekend, it was great. Thanks.

Colin said...

You should have the article linked to the HTML DB product web page:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/htmldb/index.html

Scott said...

Colin,

I'll ask the folks at Oracle if they can do that, but alas, I no longer have that superpower. :(

- Scott -

Colin said...

I think they should allocate a 'resource' to do assist in marketing, proposals, promotion and publicity of the HTML DB product. Its perhaps just as important as development, testing. Unfortunately, I have not really articulated it strongly to the HTML DB team yet.

a.p.r. pillai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a.p.r. pillai said...

Hi,

Your site is loaded with very informative stuff. I have a blog site too, launched about a year back at http://msaccessblog.blogspot.com

if you would like to exchange links with my site please let me know. My e-mail address: apr_pillai@yahoo.com

Thanks,