Note: This assumes that you have already integrated HTML DB with the Oracle Single Sign On server. See this How To for detailed steps on how to do that.
- Create a new Responsibility in the eBusiness Suite
- Once created, note the RESPONSIBILITY_ID. You can obtain this via SQL*Plus or from the Help : Examine : Item menu in the eBusiness Suite.
- In HTML DB, create a new Authorization Scheme. Select Exists SQL Query as the Scheme Type, and enter the following as Expression 1:
select 1 from apps.fnd_user_resp_groups ur, apps.fnd_user u
where u.user_name = :APP_USER and u.user_id = ur.user_id
and ur.responsibility_id = 50280
- Be sure to use your RESPONSIBILITY_ID in place of mine (50280).
- Associate this new Authorization Scheme with an Application by editing the Application Attributes and selecting your Authorization Scheme in the Authorization section.
That’s it! Now that your Authorization Scheme is associated with an eBusiness Suite Responsibility, only those users who have that Responsibility will be able to access your application!
As this project moves forward, I’ll be posting more ways to hook HTML DB up to the eBusiness Suite.